In the world of academic writing, one of the most important parts of the degree is thesis writing. Coming up with an excellent thesis can be challenging, and students should be able to manage the time, have good writing skills also must be focused. A thesis is
“A written work based on 12,000 to 15,000 words depending on the educational requirement and level. It is written to address a specific problem in a particular field”
It is essential to mention the problem by taking a position or making a claim on what the solution of the problem should be. Writing a thesis takes a lot of time and effort. This is the first time students get familiar with the actual research work in their educational life. The lack of research skills makes it harder for some to write a good thesis. It is also coupled with several factors that also include a limited time frame. A good thesis must propose an arguable point, it should be practical and strong enough to justify the statements in the thesis paper.
A student must know well how to structure the thesis. In the USA students usually take a Ph.D. thesis writing help from so many online websites. It acts as the research guardian for them. The thesis structure depends on the subject requirements. The guide below covers the entire thesis writing process. Let’s take a look at how to write a thesis.
But, before that, you have to go through these 3 steps. A thesis writing USA-based Company also suggests that.
- Selecting a topic: The very first thing is to come with a topic on which you want to do your research is. For this, a student needs to consult with the supervisor to make sure that the topic is easy to tackle or not. The data is available or not, and it should be approved by the review panel.
- Writing a Proposal: Once the topic is approved, start writing the proposal that is the roadmap of your overall thesis. The proposal must include the title and objectives of the paper also the literature review and the methodology through which you will find the results.
- Research Process: Once the proposal is done and approved by the panel, proceed towards the important step of the thesis writing. Start research that should be systematic and scientific. Gather all the information, organize it in a manner that is easy to understand for the readers.
- Thesis Writing: It’s time to start thesis writing. Outline what needs to be included and follow the structure mentioned below.
Thesis Writing Structure:
1. The Abstract:
The very first part of the thesis writing is the overview of the thesis. It is the summary of the long thesis, it outlines the aim and outcomes of the research. A reader should be informed well in this part of the thesis. It should includes
- The research problem and the objectives
- The methods
- The key results and arguments
- The conclusion.
The word count of the abstract should be around 150-300 words.
In this part of the thesis writing, clearly define the purpose of the paper, keep the focus on defining the what, how, and why in the introduction. A student can also state the expectation and the assumptions in this portion. Give the overall brief introduction about the topic. Make your introduction engaging that can grab the audience’s attention.
3. The Literature Review:
In this section, a student needs to cite the articles and journals where the information was taken for the topic. Collect the relevant information for the research. The past researches support the current research and show how the current research contributed to the field.
4. Research Methodology:
This part helps to tell the readers what methods are being used to perform the research. This also helps future researchers that want to expand the research. Under this section the things that need to be discussed are
- The Research Questions
- The Sample Size
- The setting
- Data collection
- Data Analysis.
5. Results and Findings:
In this part of the thesis, a student should present the results of the study. This can be done through quantitative and qualitative analysis. Show the importance of the research and the future potential. Mention all the data and findings properly in this section, so the reader knows about all the outcomes.
6. The Conclusion:
This section of the research highlights what has been found, the relevance to the field, and the future where the research fits. It’s the part where the whole research comes to an end. This is where the research should be summarized. It should be mentioned that how the research will benefit the community.
This is a kind of list of all the resources that have been used during the thesis writing. The specific format should be followed to write the bibliography. Follow the format that is required by the institution.
- Editing and Proofreading:
This is not the part of the structure but the final part of the thesis. Before submitting the thesis, make sure to proofread it and edit it. Look for grammatical and spelling mistakes. Follow the proper guidelines given by the institutes. Take help of the online tools for the editing process. This way the proofreading will go smoothly.
No matter if it’s a USA university or a UK university. The thesis writing is an important part. This way a student ends the journey of their study period. So, write a good thesis by following these steps and marking the end of the educational journey.