Looking for how to setup Netgear AC1200 EX6200 WiFi range extender as an access point? If you nod your head in yes, you have come to the right post. Here, you will get to know A-Z steps to install your Netgear EX6200 extender in the Access Point mode. Let’s get started.
Set up Netgear EX6200 as an Access Point
Walk through the instructions given below to perform your Netgear EX6200 WiFi Extender setup as an access point:
- Place the Netgear EX6200 range extender in the same room as that of your router.
- Plug the extender into a power outlet and turn it on.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear AC1200 EX6200 dual-band extender to the router using it.
- Turn on your computer or laptop as well.
- Open your preferred web browser.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the URL bar of the browser window.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be landed on the Netgear EX6200 login web page.
- Input the username and password into the given fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
- The web browser will take you to the Netgear genie screen.
- Now, hit on the New Extender Setup button.
- A form will open. Fill in the required details and create an account.
- Click on the Next button.
- Enter the WiFi settings of the access point.
- Hit on the Next button.
- Wait for some time until the settings are being applied on your Netgear EX6200 AC1200 range extender.
- The next page will show the settings you set on the access point.
- Click on the Continue button.
Done! Your Netgear AC1200 EX6200 WiFi range extender has been installed as an access point. Now, it will create a WiFi hotspot using a wired connection. You can connect all your WiFi-enabled devices to the new WiFi network and enjoy flawless internet connectivity around your home.
Unable to Access Mywifiext During Netgear EX6200 Setup?
One of the major issues experienced by users while setting up their Netgear AC1200 EX6200 extender is that they are unable to access mywifiext web address. If you are also facing the same issue, follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
- Make sure that your Netgear EX6200 extender is turned on and receiving proper power supply.
- All LED lights on your extender should be stable and visible.
- Check your Netgear WiFi range extender’s placement. It should be placed away from metal appliances, electronic gadgets, and reflexive surfaces.
- Be certain that you are accessing a high-speed internet connection.
- Verify if you entered the right web address or not. Maybe there are typos which prevent you from accessing the mywifiext login web page.
- Be sure to type the web address in the URL bar only; not in the search bar.
- If you are using a WiFi connection, switch to a wired one.
- Update your web browser to the latest version.
- Clear cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser you are using.
- Update the Netgear EX6200 firmware to the latest version.
Thus, you can get rid of mywifiext not working issue and complete your Netgear EX6200 setup properly.
That was it for this article. If you found it helpful, consider checking out our blog STORIFYGO!