Are you finding the CAT test time-consuming and challenging to pass, but do you still want to pursue an MBA? Don’t worry. We give you information on ways to get admitted to a management school without taking the CAT test.
The CAT is India’s most prestigious management entrance test conducted by collaboration with IIMs (Top B-schools) of India. To be admitted to the best IIMs, the candidate must be able to score a 99 percentile+. Yes! Yes, you read that right. A 99+ percentile is the minimum required to gain admission to the most well-known management schools like IIM, Ahmedabad, IIM, Bangalore, IIM, Calcutta, and many more. In addition to a solid academic record, these schools are based on a solid CAT score. If you’ve read this, you may have considered what you can do to get an MBA without the CAT? We are here to address all your questions and concerns.
MBA can be described as a Master’s degree in management where you’ll learn essential business-related skills. MBA does not just make you an executive but also helps you develop entrepreneurial capabilities. For India, CAT has become the standard for MBA because the probability of being admitted to a good college is directly related to the marks you score during the exam.
Every year, a lot of students vie for the seats they desire in their dream schools. To do that, they work all day and night and ultimately make it harder for others to compete. The other less-than-average candidates are anxious, not that they aren’t able to excel in the test, but because the amount of time they have to spend preparing for it will be significantly increased.
In the light of all the elements considered, aspirants are ready to accept direct admissions into management schools. Yes, it’s possible. If you’re planning to earn an MBA, There is no requirement that you pass the CAT exam since many colleges in India don’t require a CAT score or allow direct entry. How? Let’s discover:
Facts About Direct MBA Admission
Specific aspects must be considered before applying for any of the management schools.
- There are twenty IIMs in India, but none of them will accept a direct entry, which means that you need be CAT-qualified to gain entry into one of these.
- The best institutes offering PGDM require an official score from the following tests such as MAT, XAT CMAT GMAT, NMAT, and ATMA.
- Tier-1 private management schools have their entrances for admission. You can consider the case of Symbiosis located in Pune, which requires an acceptable SNAP score. NMIMS, located in Mumbai, requires NMAT scores to be able to grant admission. XIM University, Bhubaneswar, accepts the CAT, XGMT, and XAT scores.
- The MAT is among the most straightforward of all MBA entrance tests and can be completed quickly. The appeal of this test is the number of attempts. The test is conducted at least four times a year, and you will have the chance to get admission at 4x compared to CAT.
- There is a management quota in a handful of schools, but it’s a highly complex procedure.
- Some colleges allow admission based on a merit list that is prepared with marks for graduation.
- AICTE requests all colleges to allow admission without entrance tests.
Eligibility Criteria for MBA Without CAT
- A master’s degree from a recognized UGC-accredited institution with a minimum score of 50 percent (60 percent or 65% in the case of a small number of colleges) is mandatory.
- A 5% reservation is provided in all reserved categories according to the guidelines of India’s government. It is recommended to visit the official websites of every college according to.
- There are many other tests through which you can be admitted to your dream school, e.g., XAT or MAT, SNAP GMAT NMAT, etc.
You need to adhere to no particular rules, and the admission process is pretty straightforward.
- Log in to the website of the college.
- Make sure to submit the application fee.
- Send the required documents (10th and 12th pass certificate Final or provisional graduation degree along with scorecard, Identity document, transfer certificate, character certification (if required), and Passport size photo)
- Participate in Group discussions and Personal interviews following the phone message from the colleges.
- Make sure to submit the tuition fee following the selection.
- Hurrah! You are enrolled at the college of management.
List of Colleges That Give Admission Without CAT
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- National Institute of Management, Calcutta
- XLRI: Xavier Institute of Management, Jamshedpur
- Department of Management Studies, REC, Tamilnadu
- Narsee Monjee University, Mumbai
- IIFT – Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, New Delhi
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
IILM, Institute for Higher Education, Gurgaon
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Regenesys Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Amity University (Amity Global B-School), Noida
- School of Inspired Leadership SOIL, Gurgaon
- O P Jindal Global University
- GIBS, Bangalore
- Birla Global University, Bhubaneshwar
- IIBS, Bangalore
- UPES School of Business, UPES University, Dehradun
- School of Management and Entrepreneurship – Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- JBIMS, Mumbai
Do I have the chance to do an MBA without the CAT? This question won’t be a problem anymore since it is evident from the list above that excellent institutions offer admission without having to pass with CAT. Get yourself ready and begin your search for the college of your dreams.
Check out: Best online CAT coaching