Celebrations are always happy hours! The occasion calls for something exciting and
unique, so obviously, a cake is going to be a part of the festivities. Why not take this as
an opportunity to impress your friends and family by baking a delicious cake for them. It
seems scary, we know, and it is a lot easier to get a cake from cake shops in
Secunderabad, but it won’t be as memorable.
So now, as you are still reading, we believe we have successfully persuaded you to try
your hand at baking; the question arises which cake to bake! As the aim is to impress,
your cake must look as good as it tastes; hence, going for a lovely funfetti cake would be
an excellent choice! The vibrant sprinkles will make your cake look like it’s from a
fairyland. So bring your oven mitts to the counter, and let’s get baking!
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Baking Time: 30 Mins.
Making Time: 20 Mins.
Servings: 12 Tasty Slices
To colour the occasion with tasty sprinkles, you will need the following ingredients:
● One and a half cups of buttermilk
● Half a cup of vegetable oil
● Two full teaspoons of vanilla extract
● Four whole cups of all-purpose flour
● Two teaspoons of baking powder
● Half a teaspoon of kosher salt
● Four large eggs- only yolks
● Four large eggs- whole
● Two full sticks of unsalted butter, melted at room temperature
● Half a cup of brown sugar- light
● Two cups of refined sugar
● One teaspoon of baking soda
● Half a cup of colourful rainbow sprinkles
Now for the vanilla frosting of the cake, you would need:
● Four full sticks of unsalted butter, again melted at room temperature
● 455 grams of cream cheese
● Just a pinch of kosher salt; you can add more if you want according to your taste
● Three whole cups of powdered sugar
And at last
● Rainbow sprinkle for garnishing- as much as you like!
After gathering everything, get down to the main task:
● Take a medium-sized bowl, pour vegetable oil, vanilla extract and buttermilk into
it and mix properly. Now set it aside to rest and take a larger bowl. Take the dry
ingredients, i.e. salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder, in the same and
whisk them all together, and set that aside as well.
● Now take another bowl; yes, we know this recipe requires a lot of bowls, then add
refined sugar, brown sugar and butter to it and start beating it. It is better if you
use an electric mixer, it will make the work a lot easier. Once the batter is all
fluffy and kinda light, add egg yolks and eggs into the batter but just one at a time
and keep on beating simultaneously.
● Now bring forward the bowls that we set aside, add one-fourth of the flour
mixture in the batter and keep on beating. Once it’s thoroughly combined, add
half of the wet ingredients mixture in the same way. Continue the same beating
process until all the ingredients are mixed in the batter, and you achieve the
desired fluffy consistency.
● Now preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius; meanwhile, prepare two cake pans
by greasing them up with butter or vegetable oil. Now take the sprinkles and fold
them very carefully in the batter with a spatula or wooden spoon; remember, do
not be too vigorous while mixing as it can disturb the consistency of the batter.
● Divide the batter carefully into the pans, tap them lightly on the counter to get rid
of any air bubbles and place them in the oven. Bake for approx 30 minutes, and
to check if the cake is baked or not, just poke it with a toothpick; if it comes out
clean, then you are good to go! Now just let it sit for some time to cool, and then
open the cake pan carefully.
● Now to prepare your frosting, take salt, cream cheese and butter in a large bowl
and start beating them together with an electric mixer. Once it’s thoroughly
combined, add powdered sugar and get to beating again! Once you are satisfied
that it is adequately mixed and have achieved the needed consistency, bring out
the cakes you have prepared. Cover the top of a with frosting and place the other
on top of it. After it’s all layered up, cover the entire cake with frosting as evenly
as possible. Now garnish the cake with tons of rainbow sprinkles, and your
funfetti cake is ready!
Go Baking, Now!