The COVID-19 pandemic has once again highlighted the significance of the IT sector and its contributions to our day-to-day tasks, be it for working from home or just buying something online. You need technology wherever you go. The IT sector has been facing tremendous growth around the world and is emerging as one of the strongest sectors in India. This has made it a great time to invest in stocks in this industry.
IT companies like HCL Technologies, Tech Mahindra, Infosys Ltd, and Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd, among others are some stocks that have stayed strong in the last 15 years. Let’s have a look at these 5 top IT stocks from the Nifty IT stocks that have outshined themselves in the last 15 years.
Top 5 IT Stocks to Invest in the Indian Stock Market
Following are the top 5 IT Stocks that have generated impressive returns for investors over more than 15 years in the Indian stock market.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) Ltd: Offering high-quality services in the field of business, technology, and engineering solutions, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is recognized as the yardstick model in software development. It is rooting for innovative technologies, consistently working towards rapid growth for its peers. The share has provided a return of a staggering 21.31% over the last 5 years. The current TCS share price stands at INR 3,314.00 (as of July 2022).
- Infosys Ltd: With a sturdy financial performance, Infosys Ltd stays the second-best IT service provider in India. With a wide array of services and dynamic clientele, Infosys share price reached INR 1,466.15 (as of July 2022). Outperforming many of its peers, Infosys has provided its investors with a return of a whooping 24.89% in the last 5 years. Maintaining its success, Infosys continues to deliver excellence as an online stock trading company.
- HCL Technologies: Since its inception, HCL Technologies focussed on developing and transforming the IT sector with a high-rated portfolio of services. HCL technologies have given a 5-year return of 19.49% to its investors. The current HCL Technologies share price stands at INR 973.05 (as of July 2022).
- Wipro Ltd: Placed as the 4th largest IT service globally, Wipro Limited is leading the IT market with its innovation-led technology and consulting services, fostering cognitive computing, robotics, and analytics, among others. With a 5-year return of 18.72%, the current Wipro share price is INR 418.65 (as of July 2022). The stock is good to have in the portfolio, given its above-average sustainable RoE, a high margin of safety, and high pricing power.
- Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Infotech Ltd: Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Infotech is a multinational company that offers digital solutions and technology consultancy services to its customers in 33 countries. L&T stands as one of the top online stock trading companies with a 5-year return of 39.18%. The current L&T Infotech share price is INR 4,043.50 (as of July 2022) and the share could be suitable for an investment if you are planning on investing in stocks with a long-term view.
As important as it is to invest, it is to know where to invest. The IT sector has always been and is expected to be among the top contenders when it comes to profit-making shares. So, start investing in stocks today and optimise your time. Kickstart and upskill yourself with these 5 top IT stocks to start with and enjoy the benefits of capital appreciation.