If you were ever denied entry into the US, you will need an entry waiver like US- I 192 waiver. You will also need to apply for an entry waiver in advance so that it is ready before you make your travel plans and reservations. If you answer yes to any of the following points, you need a US Entry Waiver:

  • Have a criminal record in Canada or the United States (or both)
  • Worked illegally in the United States
  • Deported at least once from the US
  • Caught in possession of narcotics, false documents, or any contraband when attempting to cross the border

Attempting to cross the USA border without an entry waiver or the proper documentation is not only risky, but it can also prove expensive since you can lose the money you spent on securing your accommodation, a rental vehicle and other plans. In addition, not only are you putting yourself at risk, but you are also putting any travel companions at risk; since they could be charged with harbouring an illegal. It does not even matter whether or not they knew you had a criminal record. This, in turn, can affect their future too.

If you are still unclear as to whether or not you need a US Entry Waiver, click on the following: Quick Guide for US Entry Waivers


Applying for a US entry waiver is not necessarily a quick process. This is why we recommend that all applicants apply well enough in advance and before making any reservations. A number of specific documents will be required and, in some cases, you might need to supply additional documentation. Some of the forms that you will need to complete include a travel waiver application and an I-192 form.

ALSO READ  Cool Wrestling Replica Champion Belts

In addition, when a professional applies on your behalf for an entry waiver, documents like a G-28 form and G-325A form will need to be completed. Moreover, a fingerprint chart will also need to be completed upon submission of your application. This bit must be done as per the set instructions. Other necessary documents include a letter from your employer stating your occupation, length of employment, and the reason for travel (if your trip is business-related). If you are self-employed, however, you will need to provide a copy of your most recent tax returnThree reference letters from non-relatives and copies of documents like your passport or driver’s license are also usually required as proof of identity.

For those with a Canadian criminal record, you will need a copy of the police record which you can obtain from the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police). Even if you have received a pardon, you will still need an entry waiver when travelling to the United States.


Likewise, a US citizen that holds a criminal record will also be denied entry into Canada If you, or someone you know, wants to travel to Canada, you can apply for Criminal Rehabilitation. Don’t let your past mistakes hold you back from exploring the Great White North!

About David Sol

I'm Wissam Saddique, and I'm a blogger and content Writer. I've been on this exciting journey for about three years now, starting my blogging adventure back in 2020. As a dedicated blogger and content writer, I have had the privilege of exploring various topics and sharing my thoughts, experiences, and insights with my readers. Whether it's travel, technology, lifestyle, or any other area that piques my interest, I love diving deep into subjects and crafting engaging content.

View all posts by David Sol