Children’s gear can be difficult to find at stores. It’s no wonder, with so many options available. The range includes prams, 3-in-1 baby strollers, umbrella strollers, pushchairs, with three or four wheels, black or colored, and of course inexpensive and luxurious strollers. If you have so many options and models to choose from, do you know which stroller to buy?
In search of the right stroller, future parents usually spend a lot of time, but their purchase can sometimes be a mistake. You want to select the best equipment for your baby that’s safe and suitable, but there are so many options, and not every model is top-of-the-line.
To help with this process, we have listed everything that you need to know before purchasing a stroller for your little one.
Is there a Perfect Stroller?
There is no perfect stroller that has everything. During my first pregnancy, many parents were looking for a stroller with wheels for any terrain, a reversible and reclining seat, a large canopy, adjustable footrest, a large basket under the seat, easy folding with only one hand, weighing around 16 lbs and costing less than $200.
Because it does not exist, we will never find it.
A minor sacrifice is sometimes required, or – as many parents do – the purchase of two strollers. You do not need to do this. It may be possible to buy only one, but it will probably not be the best choice in every instance.
Parents have different lifestyles and live in different locations, so they need strollers that suit their needs. For this reason, asking other parents for recommendations is often pointless. It does not mean that this stroller will be right for you and your child just because this person has a child and says it is great. Our preferences, needs, and… budgets are all different!
How should you shop for a baby stroller?
Here are some crucial factors to consider when choosing a stroller for your baby.
- Certification – Look for a certificate of certification from the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) on the model you like. JPMA’s website is also a good resource for finding out which stroller brands are certified. This usually means that the stroller’s most important features have been thoroughly tested (such as its stability and brakes, locking mechanism, and lack of sharp edges).
- Wheels – For long walks and bumpy ground, larger and air-filled wheels are best, while smaller wheels would be ideal for city use and errands. Stroller wheels can be swiveled for better maneuverability. They can also be locked for extra stability.
- Shock Suspension– The suspension system and shock suspension ensure that your child won’t be exposed to any shocks. During the first few months, babies have a fragile spine and do not have control over their neck and head.
- Stroller frame – A heavy frame makes the entire stroller bulky, so we want a light frame. Of course, it must be durable and strong.
- Brakes – The wheels should be locked at the same time. This will prevent the stroller from moving.
- Canopy – Folding should be easy and quiet, and there should be excellent ventilation during hot weather. Ensure that it is large enough to protect your child from the sun and wind, as well as to allow him some room to grow.
- Adjustable handlebar – Parents of different heights can push the stroller more comfortably with it.
- Reversible seat – This allows you to change your child’s facing direction. It is very convenient for parents, who often prefer when their infant faces them, but curious toddlers prefer to ride facing the World so they can observe what is around them.
- The storage basket underneath the seat – It’s not just for moms! Keep in mind that heavy bags hanging from the handlebar can decrease the stroller’s stability and make the stroller more likely to tip over. Make sure that the basket is spacious.
Be realistic about how much you will use the baby stroller. If you plan to stay outside and take advantage of the sunshine and the fresh air, invest in a better baby stroller that will provide maximum comfort to you and your baby.
That was it for this article. If you found it helpful, consider checking out our blog STORIFYGO!